At the law firm of Whitbeck Benedict & Smith LLP (formerly Rapport Meyers LLP) we represent individuals, businesses, government entities, and community organizations throughout the Hudson Valley.
Since 1936, our firm has maintained a diverse, sophisticated practice, assisting clients with transactions, litigation ,and administrative proceedings in areas such as real estate, land use and zoning, municipal law, corporate law, and estate planning.
Our Areas of Focus
- Real Estate Transactions & Real Property: Our attorneys handle residential and commercial real estate transactions throughout the Hudson Valley on behalf of buyers, sellers, landlords, and tenants.
- Land Use & Zoning: We counsel and represent developers, municipalities, community groups, and other parties in all aspects of land use and zoning.
- Permitting & Regulatory Compliance: Our attorneys advise clients on regulatory compliance and assist private companies in pursuing various environmental permits.
- Municipal & Public Authority Law: We assist municipalities and agencies with bidding and procurement, legislative drafting, and a range of other matters.
- Civil Litigation: We aggressively represent clients in civil rights litigation, commercial litigation, personal injury litigation, and litigation involving family law, real estate law, and tax grievances.
- Wills, Trust & Estates: Whether you want to put together a basic estate plan or you have more advanced planning needs, you can rely on our firm. We also have an extensive elder law practice and guardianship practice under Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law.
- Business Law: Our attorneys provide for-profit and not-for-profit organizations comprehensive legal services and advice related to business formation, general business law, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, commercial financing, employment law, and education law.
All of the lawyers at our firm bring unique perspectives from their own practice areas to the table as we determine how we can most effectively assist each client. Contact us to learn more about our firm and the services we provide.