EXPERIENCED ATTORNEYS HANDLING WILLS, TRUSTS, AND ESTATES
Whether you are looking for a lawyer to help you draft a simple will or you have more complex estate planning concerns, our experienced attorneys at the law firm of Whitbeck Benedict & Smith LLP will provide the personalized service and attention you deserve.
We represent clients throughout the Hudson Valley region of New York. To discuss how we can help you achieve your estate planning objectives, contact us today.
PROVIDING CLIENTS WITH A WIDE RANGE OF SERVICES
At Whitbeck Benedict & Smith LLP, our estate planning and elder law attorneys have many years of experience helping clients achieve their personal and financial goals through sophisticated planning. We are available to assist clients with any of the following:
- Wills: A will is the most basic estate planning document, expressing your wishes with regard to the distribution of your property, guardians for your children, and other issues.
- Living trusts: The most common type of trust, a living trust, is a legal entity that takes title to certain of your assets during your life and can be used to avoid probate.
- Powers of attorney: A power of attorney can be used to appoint a trusted person to handle your affairs in the event that you become unable to handle them yourself.
- Health care proxies: A health care proxy appoints someone to implement your wishes regarding life-sustaining medical treatment. It can be used in conjunction with a living will.
- Estate tax planning: If you have substantial assets, there may be steps you can take to reduce the burden of federal estate taxation on your beneficiaries.
- Medicare and Medicaid planning: Through sophisticated planning, we help clients take full advantage of the benefits that are available to those who need nursing and elder care.
- Charitable planning: Supporting charitable organizations in your estate plan can have benefits for you, your family and your chosen organization.
- Probate and administration: If you are the executor or administrator of an estate, our attorneys can help guide you through the court system and determine how to distribute assets of the estate.
The laws that impact estate planning and elder law — particularly federal estate taxation laws — are in a constant state of flux, so it is important to select a lawyer who you can rely on to stay current on the latest developments. Contact us today to discuss your goals.